Each week we are going to be showcasing the latest and greatest in loyalty news. This will help you make decisions about where your loyalties should be and what programs you should join.
Here is what’s newsworthy in the world of loyalty programs this week!
Marriott.com is celebrating its 16th Birthday by thanking customers with a travel sweepstakes. The sweepstakes offers the chance to win one of ten two-night stays at a Renaissance Hotel or at a Autograph Collection property. The grand prize includes a seven-night stay at the Renaissance Hotel of the winner’s choice with airfare for two, ground transfers and spending money. By booking on the site in May, customers will automatically be entered for a chance to win!
Southwest’s Rapid Rewards Program has been linked to AirTran’s A+ Rewards plan.Members can now shift program credits between the two airlines to redeem award travel on either airline as long a member belongs to BOTH programs. This means more options for air travel to Mexico or the Caribbean as AirTran flies to destinations in that region! Here is how the transfer works:
- 1,200 Rapid Rewards points or 1 Rapid Rewards credit for 1 A+ Rewards credit.
- 32 A+ Rewards credits for 1 Freedom Award from Rapid Rewards
- For 16 A+ credits you can get one round trip coach ticket on AirTran.
- For 16 Rapid Rewards credits you can get one Standard Award ticket.
Hilton Worldwide has become the first hotel company to align with a national newspaper, that is USA TODAY. Both announced that there will be a new multi-print and digital alliance, offering all guests at Hilton Worldwide brands in the US 24 hours complimentary access to digital content from USA TODAY. This alliance will allow guests to stay connected with their hometowns, keep up to date with international news, have an array of local guides, restaurant reviews and insights available, that is both convenient and free. In addition Hilton HHonors members will have access to online entertainment powered by USATODAY this will include books, magazines, games and other entertainment content. Guests should see this offer available at the beginning of the summer, with a full rollout in the fall.
Added to the list of expanding Dining Loyalty programs is the hamburger chain White Castle. May is “National Hamburger Month” and to start it off the chain has launched ‘Craver Nation’, a loyalty program that encourages members to form a social community and earn points for free Sliders. Members can create their own profile, play online games and do other tasks to earn points
A possible US Airways and American Airlines merger? There are rumors that there may be a potential merger among the airlines which could mean a change in branding, merging club lounges and less service to certain cities. Fear not, frequent flyer miles will not be taken away and advance tickets will be honored by the airline. This news on the merger will be closely watched in the coming months.
Small business owners, here is some great news! Citibank has launched Citi ThankYou Rewards for small businesses. With this program small business owners can combine ThankYou points earned from their personal and business accounts. To qualify for the program, customers must have a CitiBusiness Streamlined Checking or CitiBusiness Flexible Checking account. To earn points monthly customers must make two CitiBusiness Online Bill Payments or have two checks paid each month. Citibank is also running a promotion until June 30 where they are offering 40,000 ThankYou points when a new customer opens either of the two required accounts.
Daily Deals are the latest craze, both Groupon and LivingSocial have added NEW features to fuel the Daily Deal mania!
- Groupon launched its reward program called ‘Groupon Rewards’! To earn rewards, members need to shop at stores with a Groupon Rewards sticker, when you spend enough at a store you receive an exclusive free Groupon Reward that works like a regular Groupon.
- Chase Card Services and LivingSocial have partnered to launch a co-branded credit card backed by a daily deal service. All purchases made with a LivingSocial Visa Card help members earn points that can then be used towards deal credit. Every dollar spent on LivingSocial with the new Chase card gives five points, dining purchases are worth three points per dollar, and other purchases have a one-to-one conversion. Cardholders who sign up this year will earn 10 Deal Bucks each month that they use the new LivingSocial card 10 times.
Be on the lookout each week for what’s newsworthy in the ever expanding world of loyalty programs!
Also, make sure to check out our new BONUS DEALS search engine! We have aggregated thousands of deals in your favorite programs in one place! You can search for a deal based on category, keyword, or company name.